Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Live to Eat and Not the Other Way Around.

I am a huge proponent of food. Let me rephrase that: I. Live. To. Eat. I come from a family that loves food so much that we plan to eat somewhere months in advance, talk about it everyday leading up to it, drive hours to get there, and with food in mouth, immediately start discussing where our next meal will be, or a past meal that we loved. Hardly ever do we discuss the actual food that we've waited for so long, with such anticipation to eat.

My life moments are defined by food:

My Bat Mitzvah was a blur of "Electric Slides" with one clear memory of the deliciously yummy chocolate chip pound cake from Warrington Bakery. Trips to Hawaii are sunsets over-shadowed by Mahi Mahi with macadamia nut beurre blanc from the Beach House Restaurant.  Disney World is fun, but the Fettuccine at Alfredo's in Epcot's Italy is where it's at. Babe's and my first date was a magical spark of cheese tortellini with a pink sauce at Caesars in Bristol. Our Wedding was one of the best lamb chop moments of my life and our Honeymoon was a hot and steamy escargot perfectly seasoned with a to-die-for cream sauce. 

So, my foodie friends, live life with an appetite and savor each and every delicious moment.


1 comment:

  1. Deliciously delightful first blog entry. Keep 'em coming! I'd also like to add that I love the pic you provided, however, I was either preggers in this pic, or I was the girl formerly known as "the girl who ate Jamie." My head is the size of that kid from So I Married An Ax Murderer (Head. Paper. Now!). Regardless, that tummy is probably filled with yummy goodness from a fantastic meal no doubt suggested and organized by one FoodieHaley... always an excellent food critic, chef, and dining companion. =-)

    ReplyDelete